Messages ^0^ ❤

Follow on Bloglovin'!~❤


Monday 19 May 2014

Koreaboo, Weeaboo & Beauty - Rant

This post is going to be a bit of a downer.
As most of you probably know there are many people that are called a 'Weeaboo' or 'Koreaboo' because they happen to share a interest in Japan & Korea & what not- Just look at Prettyuglylittleliars for all that type of stuff.

I've been called a Koreaboo/Weeaboo for listening to Kpop/Jpop, watching anime, reading manga, learning the language quite a lot over the years. But I'd never thought I'd be called it for makeup tips.

I like the Asian makeup style more than the makeup I see in western countries because it just looks more my style. On this blog - a blog where I can choose what I want to talk about - I can share with you all my day-to-day things, reviews, my own looks & what tips I learn.
I've learned so many Asian beauty tips that I like to share with you guys BUT apparently that makes me a 'disgrace'

A disgrace. . .
I know my makeup is not as good compared to all those beauty gurus on YouTube. I'm still trying okay? Practice makes perfect & practice I shall.
I understand that maybe my makeup attempts may come across quite offensive to some but . . .

What the hell is wrong with admiring a style?

I know very well that I am not Asian - Yes I'm British, Yes I'm White. Yes I know with Asian beauty tips I cannot look Asian. It does not mean that I can't wear the makeup trends they do just because I'm a different race.

I am very happy as I am - BUT the haters don't believe that. They still say 'Oh she wants to be Asian'

I just do not understand why people cause so much hate just because one person's makeup look is different or based from something. It works in such harmful ways like saying a White person is trying to be Asian, an Asian trying to be white & so many others - It's not about Ethnics, its just makeup, hair, fashion for heaven's sake.

I'm not sure whether this post may come across very rude to any of you guys. I'm not very good at ranting & saying my part so I'm very sorry if I am coming across as rude. It justs really pisses me off & I know I'm not the only one who thinks it.
It's not very nice being called a Wannabe or anything like that & I hope this messages also inspires someone.
I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion & I respect that but this is my opinion so please respect it too.

- - -

What I'm trying to say is. . . ignore the haters, be what you want to be & you will rock it. There will be haters & there always will be haters.
We are all unique no matter if we are a different race, age, beliefs, wear a popular trend, listen to certain genres of music, different lifestyles, different countries. . . No matter who you are or what you do, you are still one in the seven billion people on this Earth.

Please try not to let it get to you & you will feel more confident everyday.
I'm very glad to get this off my chest & I hope you all have a good rest of the day~



--
Any negative comments will be deleted

13 comments:

  1. Of course it's hard to ignore them, but I think it just means that you are doing it right) You have interests and hobbies and they are just sitting there typing rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just you and not a copy or a fake-Asian. Stay as you are.
    I like your style very much.

    Haters are really poor people, if they have no other employment than
    to insult other people.

    You do not have to justify yourself for your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't let it get to you, I really love all your tutorials and reviews (and I know I'm not the only one, by far) - they're always so detailed and nicely done! Stay yourself, you're amazing and so is your style :) I'm looking forward to all your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The difference about a weaboo and a person who just shows genuine interest in foreign culture is that the weaboo is obnoxious and annoying. Which is exactly what you are not, Kirsten! You are wonderful and you shouldn't let anyone get you down just because you prefer asian make up. I do so myself because hardly any western brand carries make up in a shade light enough for my complexion.
    Don't let the haters get you down. :) There are so many people who support you and who stand behind you. You needn't worry about those few who don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let the haters get to you.
    I also prefer the Asian style of make up and I love reading your blog for inspiration
    a fellow Britain x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously thank you for this, I got called a "korea boo and stop thinking your korean" even though im Asian i already get this hate, I just like kpop and the varieties and the fashion and make up in Asia is similar yet im still called thats korean make up or stuff, keep doing what your doing!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey why did you take down your chat box thing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. I agree with you, just ignore the haters, they hate because someone else's achievement. Which is such a shame. So yeah, just enjoy life! :)

    Hope you have a good day!

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUUUUDE You're featured in an etude house commercial on their fb page! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honey, this was a great post. You know what your hobbies and interests and passions are and noone can change that. Usually hate or anger stems out of some sort of jealousy. Keep doing what your doing with your head up high I enjoy your blog a lot.


    xoxo Mari
    BLONDEJJANG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, don't let the haters get to you Kei Kei!! Regardless of race, I think you pull off your style very well. In fact, I've seen Asian people who don't pull it off nearly as well, so I don't understand why it has to become a thing about race. Fashion, music and media transcend country and racial boundaries, why are some people so uncomfortable with that idea -_-). I've been into Asian culture since I was in Kindergarten, I thought I would grow out of it by this age but it never happened and I'm not gonna change just because some people think I'm a wannabe or whatever, haha.

    Personally, I find "koreaboo/weaboo" as such stupid words. Even if someone called me that I wouldn't care because to me it's like the equivalent of something like "stupid-head", just so juvenile wtf :P. You weren't rude at all, those people need to grow up >:V

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL these people are obviously jealous otherwise they wouldn't even bother on insulting you, they want you to care about what they said, because it makes them think they've acomplished something, and that you got hurt by their words. I think you look better with asian makeup than you would look using it at the western style, you look even younger and cuter, it has NOT A THING with wanting to be asian, if so, when a white girl does cat eye she is trying to be asian too? HAHA, also, when I use some makeups like "puppyeye" that makes my eye look giant, obviously I am not trying to look asian. Though I find asians very cute, its nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it doesn't matter if you are asian or not
    You are pretty fine like you are :)
    You have your surcribers beacuse of who you are ♥

    ReplyDelete

back to top Back to top